Our main meetings are held at 7.30pm on the third Monday of each month at The Cloisters, High Street, Bembridge.
Visitors are welcome and the current fee is £3. This includes refreshments at the meeting and access to our activities for that month. Visitors are limited to a maximum of 3 visits, which must run consecutively.
Information on our sub-groups can be found here or in the Events listing on the right.
Main Meeting Schedule for 2019
- 21 January – Fiction, Fashion & Family (Rosemary Cooper)
- 18 February – Members’ Evening: Curling
- 18 March – Flowers & The Flower Festival (Olive Light)
- 15 April – Discussion of WI Resolutions / Speaker from Age UK
- 20 May – The Farm Shop & Vegetarian Cookery (Jane Holman)
- 17 June – Making Corn Dollies (Sue Keynes)
- 15 July – Summer Party: Cocktail Making
- [August – no meeting]
- 16 September – Buttons (Lesa Simons)
- 21 October – The Falklands (John Gulliver)
- 18 November – Annual Meeting
- 9 December – Christmas Party
Several local WIs cluster together as the Spithead Group, taking turns to host events and speakers throughout the year. It’s a good opportunity to make friends with members of neighbouring WIs. The group meets 3 times a year and the next meeting is shown in our Events listing on the right.